Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to install Oracle Java 8. (Includes JDK and JRE)

Beans

Re: How to install Oracle Java 8. (Includes JDK and JRE)

Sorry to bring the thread back from the grave (so to speak). Since I going through university, we are using BlueJ. Needed Java JDK and followed the instructions here for it. I am new to Ubuntu and starting to use the terminal more. Shouldn't the last line "install" before the file name?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsantiago89 View Post
    Firstly, trust me with this, because you can look up how to install this on Google and it will show the same info I am teaching you now.

Now, on with the tutorial.

First, open XTerm on Lubuntu & Kubuntu , Terminal Emulator on Xubuntu, and Terminal on Ubuntu (Main flavor), and type in what's below:

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get oracle-java8-installer

Then, a text-only UI will appear with a Terms and Conditions window and after that a Yes/No window saying for you to agree to the Oracle Java Binary Agreement or something along those lines. Select Yes and Java 8 will continue with the install. After about 6 minutes (Since that's how long it took me to install this) the install will be finished and you can do whatever you need to with the Java Development Kit and/or Java Runtime Environment (Or JRE for short).

Aaron out!!!!
    thanks for the steps, I was missing the update-alternatives.
    I found a tutorial on how to install java in ubuntu 16.04 that solved my problem!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vaiven View Post
    thanks for the steps, I was missing the update-alternatives.
    I found a tutorial on how to install java in ubuntu 16.04 that solved my problem!!
    Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsantiago89 View Post
    Aaron out!!!!
    Hmmm. Someone didn't read the sticky.

Tutorials should be supported.
    You are expected to offer support for your tutorial, within practical limits. If you fail to respond to requests for help or clarification within a reasonable time, or fail to update your tutorial, the thread will be closed or removed.
    Thread closed.
    Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12